Friday, June 22, 2007

Teaching Experience...

Well,maybe some of you didn't know,during my 3 months of holiday,I went to be a part-time tuition teacher at a tuition center nearby my place...And I guessed being a teacher nowadays is really hard..Teaching kids nowadays are far more tough than our time..Kids nowadays are being pampered until sometimes they are hard to be controlled and they are unlike us,we used to be really innocent and don't know much things and we respected our teacher lots..I've made a conclusion,"I can't be a teacher.."and I even told my mum after teaching I don't wat to have kids in the future maybe..Some of my students are really smart,some..how should I say...not that they are stupid but they are just hard to teach...I wrote the answer on the whiteboard for him to copy,he still copy the wrong thing for me...He even copied the question back to me..*fainted*...

The tuition center which I teached in have lots of Miri's famous people sons and daughters there..They will tell me for example, "My father is KS Hoo boss..", "My uncle is Andy Chia", "My father is Seahorse and Yi Hah Hai's boss", "My family has 3 cars 3 big houses.."..Kids when they trust you,they will tell you watever...

They are real smart now...they now a lots and will make me wonder what am I doing at my age..watching Mickey Mouse cartoon??and guess what they are watching..WWE,wrestling...and they even imitate those people words inside the wrestling..they are just primary 2 kids at that time and now they are in primary 3...

When I asked them to make sentences,for example,using the word "poison"..They are lots of kinds sentences they gave me...So,here they are..the sentences they made..

(1)Teacher Chong is poison...(I almost fainted and became speechless after they told me in the class)

(2)Winnie the Pooh is poison(Oh my!!!Winnie the Pooh is poison)

Then,another word I taught them making sentences is "soil"

(1)I eat the soil and grow up(When I told Mike this,he laughed till almost dropped from his chair)

Another word I taught them,"tortoise"...One of them made this sentence,
(1)My brother is a tortoise...(I asked him,if your brother is a tortoise then you're a tortoise also then..He said,"No,I is people"...I stared at him,"What did you say??"He answered again"I is people"...Then I told him,"I am human"..He answered me once again,"I is human"...Actually he is being naughty with me..So I asked him back,"You want to repeat what you've just said to Teacher Judy not??"..He quickly answered back"I am human"..Those kids are scared of Teacher Judy because she is real FIERECE!!!)


There wasone students who are really hard to teach and naughty until I cant control at all..I asked him question and he never answered me back..He even told me"I got know lots of samseng in Primary 4"..I dunno whether to laugh or wat and I told my unimates those who visited Miri that time and we all shared our experiences in teaching and all of us faced the same problems.I even toldmy fourth brother..He told me you just have to tell him you come here to study and not be paikia...Lucky he left during the last month which has made my life real easy!!!After he left,I enjoyed my time teaching there again...

My colleagues are great there especially the principal..She shared lots of experiences with me and I shared mine with her too...She even told me one of my student used to be a quiet boy but dun know what happen to him when I start teaching him,he became naughty and I have to yell at him always...My colleagues told me the whole place is my voice shouting at kids and my class is the noisiest cause they like read the words loudly and spell the words real "LOUD"..and whenever I asked the to read together,they will just read one by one and not together and I asked them,"Do you know what is called TOGETHER??"They will just giggled away...

They are DEVILS when they are naughty but ANGELS when they are good..I remembered clearly whenever I told them,"Fine,fine,fine..it's ok,I will be leaving you guys soon and the new teacher will not be that good for you guys to be bullied.."Their face will start change and become serious for maybe one minute..The next minute different again,they started to be naughty back again...But what made me touch the most was towards the last few lessons,they told me they won't miss me,but just before they went home,shyly,they will tell me"Teacher,I'm gonna miss you..."and they ran away quickly especially the boys...=)

Below are some of my pics with my students on their last day each...

The one in yellow is one of the top students...

They are sitting under the table and I dunno why also.. The middle one is called Clara and she is very talented in dancing and singing..She won lots of competiton in Miri...

Me with part of the students...

Being Naughty ..The one in blue colour shirt is called Samuel..He once told me he forgot to bring his bag!!!Oh My...forgot to bring his bag..

Me with another group of students...The one in red used to be a good student until I came,he became naughty...His name is Nicholas

One of my favourite students,Esther with the lollypop given by the school as their Christmas present!!!

Looks like best frens right???Did you guys missed your best frens??

One of the naughty student,Aaron..Nicholas is at the back disturbing...
Me with Nicholas...and Aaron is disturbing at the back now!!

P/S:Shearer is goin to Korea next week..which mean he will leave me alone for one week here




No comments: